- Curriculum Vitae
- 2020 - Art Knows No Borders
- 2018 - Jacaranda Acquisitive Drawing Award
- 2018 - My mother speaks to me in a foreign language
- 2018 - Collective Memory
- 2016 - Object of Affection
- 2015 - Cherrycake Studios residency
- 2014 - Artist of the month
- 2013 - 2014
- 2012 - Personal Geometry
- 2011 - 2012
- 'The girl from Kyiv'
Oil paint, embroidery thread, vintage hemp fabric and solar print in vintage sewing machine drawer
Winner of The Border Art Prize 2020
The inspiration for this work is my creative grandmother, who came to Australia as a post war refugee. As a child I was fascinated by her old singer sewing machine. It was bought second hand and had a drawer missing. This drawer may very well be the missing one, so I have filled it with memories of family and her new life in Australia, including a tiny embroidered squirrel done by her.
All images copyright of the artist An icompendium Site